MOVIES! Yeah, this is what I always do during my spare time! I love Binge watching! Thriller, Suspense, Mystery, Psyhological, Violence, Crime, Adventure, Disaster, Biographical, Post apocalyptic, Apocalyptic, Dystopian, end of the world films, and of course, Time Travel Films.
TBH, Nothing in particular with genres, as long as the plot interests me.
I have seen a lot in my time old and new, but I’ve listed some of the best Time Travel films I’ve seen so far.
HERE IT GOES:
- Ground Hog Day (1993)- A TV weatherman finds himself reliving the same day over and over again when he goes on location to the small town of Punxsutawney to film a report about their annual Groundhog Day. His predicament drives him to distraction, until he sees a way of turning the situation to his advantage.
- 12Monkeys (1995)– In a future world devastated by disease, a convict is sent back in time to gather information about the man-made virus that wiped out most of the human population on the planet.
- Time Machine (2002)– Alexander Hartdegen is 1899 scientist who soon after his marriage to his girlfriend Emma, she dies in an accident. Attempting to fix it, Hartdegen builds a time machine for travelling to the future, hoping to find the way to correct his own past.
- 13 going on 30 (2004)- Story of Jena, a 13th year old girl wishing to be popular, and trying to be popular by be-friending the popular group, only to be tricked by them. Humiliated on his 13th birthday, she wished to be 30, and the next day, she woke up in a luxurious flat, 30 years of age, working in a popular magazine and with no memory of the past 17 years in between.
- The Lake house (2006)– The story of Alex and Kate and how they communicate via letters on the mailbox of the same house they both occupied but 2 years difference.
- The Time Traveler’s wife (2009)– The Time Travelers Wife, a guy named Henry who jumps around the past, present and future – only he can’t control where or when he goes, creating complications in his marriage.
- Mr. Nobody (2009)– Story of Nemo, a 118 year old last mortal on earth narrating his life at the age of nine, fifteen and thirty four, and how his life branches out to different timeline as he was able to choose a path from the day his parents separated, his life when he chose to stay with his mother and the other when he stayed with his father and his life in between two timelines.
- Looper (2012)– In the future where time travel exists, anyone who can pay can send someone to the past to be killed by the hired killer. The worst part, is that to prevent any connection with the syndicate and close the loop, the looper’s final victim is their future self.
- About Time (2013)– The story of Tim whose male members of the family has the ability to time travel at the age of 21. With this knowledge, he decides to use his ability to time travel to improve his lovelife.
- Mirage (2018)– (Spanish)- A space-time glitch allows Vera to save a boy’s life 25 years in the past, but somehow results in the loss of her daughter and Vera must fight to get her back.