Food, Drinks, and Dine.
When visiting any country, the very first interesting to know is their Traditional Food. Living in a different Country requires you a lot of adjustments according to their culture and traditions, rules and regulations and other things particularly food. Living here for more than a decade, I have learned to embrace and mix with the Country’s entire Standard of living according to their norms.
Tbh, you wouldn’t have a hard time blending in the Country and with the people due to the fact that this Island is inhabited by a lot of expats from around the world and since this place is not that very conservative, mingling with the locals is a common practice. In addition to that, you would learn to love their food which is mostly made of spices but quite tasty.
Bahrain Staple Food
- Machboos- One of the most famous Bahraini dishes is machboos, which is made up of meat or fish served with rice.
2. Ghoozi- This is grilled lamb stuffed with rice, boiled eggs, onions, and spices.
3. Sambooza- This is very addictive. This is either cheese or meat or vegetable wrapped to a triangle shape in spring roll wrapper and deep fried. This is good for a starter.
4. Shawarma- Well, shawarma is very famous Middle Eastern food. Middle Eastern meat preparation based on the döner kebab of Ottoman Turkey. Originally made of lamb or mutton, today’s shawarma may also be chicken, turkey, beef, or veal, cut in thin slices and stacked in a cone-like shape on a vertical rotisserie.
5. Hummus- Hummus is a Levantine dip or spread made from cooked, mashed chickpeas or other beans, blended with tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and garlic. It is popular in the Middle East and the Mediterranean, as well as in Middle Eastern cuisine around the globe.
These are only a few of the Bahrain food you must try. There are still a lot to name with that you would only find here; such as grills, tikka, kebab, lamb chops, broasted, a different selection of sweets and desserts like baklava, halwa, kunafa, umm alli and others.
Whenever you are in the Country, don’t ever leave without trying any of these. Definitely, you will love all this food.