My name is Chesca- an Engineering & Architecture Consultancy Employee based Abroad with my family for the longest time, an online Seller, a wife, a housekeeper, a full-time mom, and a traveler.
The day I started Blogging. I felt the fascination with writing during my high school years but couldn’t put all my ideas together properly at that time so it was just like a typical Diary of my day-to-day activities. I know there was nothing much interesting to know about my life way back then and I only want to put together all my interests, skills, thoughts, and ideas for the better me. I wrote my very first a-little-bit acceptable poetry (haha!) when I was in College dedicated to someone very close to me, then everything follows.
As of this time, to be honest, none of my immediate family or even none of my few closest friends know that I have this huge addiction to writing, that I’m a frustrated writer since I do keep everything in private. Nobody even knows that I see and think like a writer and that I have this wide visualization that could easily create a story out of vast imagination. It was only a few years back when I started to post my blogs privately in public. Anyways, this is what I like about blogging – you don’t have to reveal your real identity. You could even use a pen name if you want to and the most important thing, is you don’t have to actually know the people you follow in a more intimate manner.
I used to write and save it on my personal computer and some others are posted privately on my previous blog site. But now that our Technology is getting better, it is now easier to spill out whatever is going on in our mind, insert some photos, and post in our dashboards.
More so, as I progress through the years, I’ve seen a huge difference, or rather should I say a lot of improvement since the day I started up to this date. Well, probably because as I mature through time, I also gained a lot of knowledge and experience day by day, my writings turned from childish things, to mature things.
What are the things I basically write?
People and memories, Family, Family trips, Places I’ve been to, Movies & TV Programs I’ve seen and my reviews about it, Lifestyle, Food, Restaurants, DIY tips about anything, Inspirations, Emotions, Lovelife, Everything about me like the things I’ve addicted to, my favorites, and other stuff whatever comes to my mind.
When I started writing, I felt a lot different from the way I was before. I became happy. I felt relieved for something I couldn’t explain. This is my form of escape. It’s like I’m traveling without actually leaving. Not to mention that whenever I’m tired or irritated or annoyed about something or someone, just by spilling this out in words would actually relieve me from anger and desperation.
Like what I’ve always said: If I don’t empty what’s inside my head, I would probably go insane!
THESE ARE THE BASICS
Three years ago, I blogged about “10 Real Facts About Me”. Since I wrote almost the entire Everything About Me in there, this is just a breathing space of the Basic things about myself.
1. My comfort food is steak whether it’s a Sirloin or a T-Bone, or Tenderloin, medium done. Whenever I’m out to dine, I would always choose Steak as my first option in every Restaurant.
2. I love taking photos but I don’t post selfies on a regular basis except on special occasions like Birthdays, Anniversaries, Christmas Holidays, or whenever I’m on vacay in the Philippines with my family. Idk, it’s just that I don’t like my face to be always visible on everyone’s homepage every day, the same as I get easily annoyed by random friends who are posting their day to day photos and the things they do for no reason at all, I’m more likely to unfollow them. Edited: This was before my son Jan Francisrain came to earth, now I love posting photos of my son and me and our daily routine and trips, not a selfie though.
3. Coffee shops– I could not consider myself a coffee addict. Why I like coffee shops like Starbucks, Caribou, Coffee Bean and the others is to have my moment of silence. I’d love to sit outside the coffee shop, alone or with friends, kill some time, put on my earpads and listen to music, browse on the net while looking around. I could stay there alone for hours coz this is my way of relaxing and meditation, especially during my irritable days.
4. People think I’m a snub at the beginning. But I guess when you get to know the real me, you might also change your thoughts about me, haha! It’s just that I value personal space and privacy more than anything else and I don’t open my life easier to anyone except for those who are really close to me. I’m minimalist to people. I prefer to be with a few people. I enjoy being with a large group of friends outdoors but I only confide to a few especially in my personal life. Like the Bible Quote: “Do not tell your left hand what you’re right hand is doing…”
5. I have standard patience due to my OC problems. But I could be easily comforted too. Sorry to admit that I have this kind of mental disorder that I want everything in order and I want to live in established consistency to almost Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder that I move around the house in routine and a sudden change in this program oftentimes irritates me.
6. Huge Fan of Queen- One of the Greatest Band ever lived. Music is the only thing that could easily divert my mood from being happy to sad to melodramatic, to sentimental.
7. I don’t splurge on anything. But I do pamper myself at times but only on things, I could afford. Smart buying at its best. I have this mentality to “Live within my means”. I don’t pretend I’m a “can afford” when it’s really not in reality. Yeah, I love shopping and grocery shopping a lot but with discipline. I love to fill up my cupboards with groceries, toiletries, and cleaning materials as I also love to see my refrigerator full of stuff.
8. Just like everyone else, I crave for attention, validation, love, and acceptance from the people I love. Do not ever reject me or I’ll crack up and flip out, hahaha!
9. I’m not super thin, and in fact, my figure changes from time to time, from chubby to skinny and vice versa. I guess it comes from the family that’s why I do keep track of what I eat and do regular exercise. Another thing is, I eat very little (not because I’m watching my diet but because I get full easily), but I still don’t get to that super skinny thing even how little my food intake.
10. And finally 10, hmmm, what else? My Favorites!!! My favorite brand of clothes, bags & accessories, and shoes are Esprit, Mango, Nine West, Forever 21, H&M, ZARA, Tommy, and yeah, underwear from Bench (local), my fave cologne is from Victoria’s Secret, BBW, and Nenuco (I love the baby smell), my fave chocolates are Kisses, M&M & Reese. I do not buy those super expensive brands like a hundred thousand worth (and then they see me go outside in a tricycle or worse, people are running after me for debt). I couldn’t say that we are Debt-free (as we have some loan payments in the bank-house, car, and others) but we are working on it.
You can follow me: